News - Page 6
50% Off All Purple Tagged Items
75% Off All Outdoor Pieces
Here are just a few of the items we have on sale this weekend!
September 29th and 30th ~ 11 am to 7 pm
October 1st ~ 12 pm – 6 pm
Sunday, May 21, 2017 ~ 12n-6pm
Louisville Water Tower Park
(3005 River Road)
Car parking $5, Bicycles free.
Vendor Booths & Attractions
- This year’s Buy Local Fair will feature over 180 local business booths, including food & drink vendors, artists and craftspeople, farmers and more!
- Enjoy beer, bourbon and brandy at the
ValuMarket Craft Beer Tent (in addition to our winery booths)
- Live performances from Kentucky Opera,
The River Rounders and more
- Family fun and activities in the Kids Zone
- Watch the pro’s cook with all local ingredients at the Trend Appliances Cooking Competition
- Adults can relax at the Cox’s Smokers Outlet & Spirit Shoppes Back Porch
- BYOB – for water that is! Bring your own water bottle to be filled with cold Pure Tap, for free of course.
- And of course, AMAZING SHOPPING! Buy Local!
- Recycling & composting will be available thanks to La Fleur de Merde!
Come see us this Sunday May 14th for our Sip, Spin and Save Event! Spin the wheel for a discount and enjoy a glass of champagne while you shop!
Wear your GREEN tomorrow St. Patrick’s Day and Spin the Wheel for SAVINGS! You can win 5%, 10%, 20% or even 25% off any one item in the store! Hurry in it’s only good for tomorrow!
If you have never been to eyedia you should come in and take look! We carry a huge selection of quality consignment furniture, table and floor lamps, beautiful wall decor and local artwork. All of this is brought to you at prices you can afford! We are located in the beautiful Highlands area of Louisville, Kentucky. Come check us out!
Win Win Win
Many of us have that thing that we are drawn to “collecting” without even realizing it. For some it is just one more piece of pottery or for others it may be just one more piece of original art. My weakness? That would be lamps. I have more table lamps than I will ever need! I seem to be drawn to lamps with interesting textures that I might not have in my room such as an architectural metal, stone or wooden table lamp. For example, at eyedia right now we have a table lamp that is made of natural colored twigs with a burlap shade. Love that one!
There is nothing in my opinion that takes the place of well-balanced task lighting (table and floor lamps). Just as seating and surface placement are essential to living well in your space so is your lighting. Many times I choose the soft light of a table lamp over other options. For instance, in my kitchen I have recessed task lighting in my ceiling that is great for when I am cooking. However, when I entertain I usually choose to light my favorite metal lamp that is placed on an old oak workbench. It provides a glow in the room combined with candles lit on my table.
If you are in the market for a table lamp here are 5 tips I give customers:
- Look around your room in daylight and in the evening to see if you currently have light where you need it. There may be ambient light (ceiling fixtures), however, that does not take the place of task lighting.
- The easiest way to determine how tall a lamp should be is to make sure that the bottom of the shade is around eye level. If the table lamp is too tall you will end up looking right into a bulb. Sometimes the lamp is fine but the shade sits just a bit too high. In that situation all you need to do is change the harp.
- If you are in need of table lamps on either side of a bed or sofa the lamps should be at the same height. They do not have to match necessarily but they do need to be at the same level. Sometimes it is easier to select a matching pair of table lamps instead of going to the trouble of trying to even them up.
- Where space is limited a floor lamp could fit the bill. I love the look of two matching floor lamps on either side of a sofa.
- If your lamp needs a new shade for reading it is best to select one that has a larger bottom than the top. Barrel shades, which are very popular right now, divide the light between task light and reflecting light off the ceiling.
eyedia always has a wide variety of table lamps to choose from whether consigned or new. Table lamps, floor lamps, desk lamps, or small accent lamps just to name several. We have just received a shipment of new table lamps. Many are in pairs. Come in and check them out. You might just find your inspiration piece!